Corporate responsibility (CR) is about the impact an organisation makes on society, the environment and the economy. Here are some examples of how Kakslauttanen approaches this.
- All our biggest buildings are heated with geothermal heating while the rest have air-source heat pumps.
- Buildings and furniture are the work of small and local businesses and entrepreneurs.
- In our restaurants we serve local products; meat, fish, mushrooms and berries.
- Our wastewater is treated to make it clean and all drinking water is spring water.
- Almost all our buildings are made from wood and are therefore carbon sinks.
- We employ local people as our service providers within reindeer, husky and snowmobile activities for example.
- Kakslauttanen has been a showroom for Finnish artists for decades, as well as international ones.
- We take care of the recycling of the materials and waste resulting from its operations by utilizing systems provided by society.
- We promote the different aspects of our sustainability with the objective of receiving Visit Finland’s Sustainable Travel Finland sustainability certification no later than in 2024.
Kakslauttanen Code of Conduct
- We do not tolerate any kind of harassment or discrimination in our workplace.
- We comply with laws and collective agreements
- We comply with labor – and human rights defined by the UN (Universal Declaration of Human Rights)
- We are committed as a company to develop our sustainability in its all aspects (Social, Environmental and Corporate governance)
- We strive in every possible way to offer our customers an unforgettable experience in the wonderful surroundings of Lapland
- We cooperate with local companies which are also committed to responsible operations. (Activities, service providers)