The Hotel Manager’s responsibilities include managing the lodging business, reception staff and, together with the cleaning manager, the cleaning duties in the Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort. Your role is key in ensuring our customers enjoy excellent service throughout their stay. The Kakslauttanen offers various accommodation options, such as log cabins, suites, glass igloos and kelo-glass igloos. Besides accommodation, our customers can reserve airport transfers, programme services and dining services through us. We have customers from all over the world, with frequent visits by celebrities and VIPs. The Hotel Manager’s role is critical in ensuring all customer needs are met.
Your main tasks will include:
- Managing the reception staff and the cleaning manager, as well as planning their work shifts
- Improving and maintaining reception practices
- Ensuring high-quality customer service
- Onboarding of new reception staff
- Handling VIP customers, customer feedback and problem situations together with the reception staff
The applicant must have the following:
- Education suitable for the position
- Strong experience in similar manager-level tasks, preferably in an international setting
- Proven experience in managing international lodging business and managerial duties
- Excellent customer service and social skills
- Experience in hotel booking systems; we use Hotellinx
- Ability to handle stress and pressure as well as work flexibly, as work days can be long and busy in the winter
- Fluency in spoken and written English, other language skills are a plus
We offer a chance for a unique international life and work experience in the middle of Lapland’s wilderness. With us, you’ll be involved in developing our business as well as yourself.
Email an application with your CV including salary request to email@example.com.