Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort is one of Finland’s best-known and most talked about travel destinations. This family business, founded in 1974, is located in Saariselkä, Lapland. Kakslauttanen hosts around 60,000 visitors each year, the majority of them from abroad. The guests include several high-profile visitors, media and international filming crews. Among others, Kakslauttanen has served as the location for Ralph Lauren and Vogue fashion shoots, the new TV show from Top Gear creators, The Grand Tour, Sports Illustrated as well as hundreds of travel programs. During the winter season, the hotel employs more than 100 people from 30 different countries. The working language at the hotel is English.
More information: www.kakslauttanen.fi
The Hotel Manager’s responsibilities include managing the lodging business, reception staff and, together with the cleaning manager, the cleaning duties in the Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort. Your role is key in ensuring our customers enjoy excellent service throughout their stay. The Kakslauttanen offers various accommodation options, such as log cabins, suites, glass igloos and kelo-glass igloos. Besides accommodation, our customers can reserve airport transfers, programme services and dining services through us. We have customers from all over the world, with frequent visits by celebrities and VIPs. The Hotel Manager’s role is critical in ensuring all customer needs are met.
Your main tasks will include:
- Managing the reception staff and the cleaning manager, as well as planning their work shifts
- Improving and maintaining reception practices
- Ensuring high-quality customer service
- Onboarding of new reception staff
- Handling VIP customers, customer feedback and problem situations together with the reception staff
The applicant must have the following:
- Suitable education for the position
- Strong experience in similar manager-level tasks, preferably in an international setting
- Proven experience in managing international lodging business and managerial duties
- Excellent customer service and social skills
- Experience in hotel booking systems; we use Hotellinx Cloud
- Ability to handle stress and pressure as well as work flexibly, as work days can be long and busy in the winter
- Fluency in spoken and written English, other language skills are a plus
We offer a chance for a unique international life and work experience in the middle of Lapland’s wilderness. With us, you’ll be involved in developing our business as well as yourself.
Please apply by sending your application to email@example.com with your resume and application letter including salary request.
Please write applied job title (for example Hotel Manager) as subject of mail. If you are interested several positions in Kakslauttanen, please apply with one application email. We will start interviews instantly.