Headwaiter, 2018-2019 Winter Season
The Headwaiter oversees the restaurant floor, including customer service and staff management. Our hotel has two main restaurants that serve breakfast, lunch and dinner to hotel guests. Both restaurants include a café. We also have three restaurants available for groups and private functions. During the season, the restaurants have a staff of 20 or so on hand.
Your main tasks will include:
- Managing the waiting staff and planning their work shifts
- Planning our service and ensuring its quality from beginning to end (breakfast, lunch, dinner, wedding dinners, groups)
- Overseeing and developing drink selection & café offerings
- Ordering drink inventory
- Overseeing the customer service experience in your own area of management
- The Headwaiter works together with the wait staff, leading them by his or her own example
The applicant must have:
- Suitable education
- Previous work experience and proven success in managing similar tasks, preferably in an international setting
- Proven success in managing a restaurant
- Knowledge of wine, drinks, Lapland cuisine and foodstuffs are considered an advantage
- Ability to cope with stress and pressure – the work days can be long and very busy in winter
We offer a chance for a unique international life and work experience in the middle of Lapland’s wilderness. With us, you’ll be involved in developing our business as well as yourself.
Email an application with your CV including salary request to email@example.com.