The Kitchen manager is responsible for Kakslauttanen’s food offerings, kitchens and kitchen staff. Our hotel includes two main restaurants that serve breakfast, lunch and dinner to hotel guests. In addition, three of our restaurants cater to events. During the season, kitchens usually have around 10 to 15 staff on hand.
Your main tasks will include:
- Managing chefs and dishwashers and planning their work shifts
- Planning the food offerings and ensuring their quality in a comprehensive way (breakfast, lunch, dinner, wedding dinners, groups)
- Ordering food supplies
- Developing menus and recipes
- Overseeing the customer service experience in your own area of management
- The Kitchen manager will work alongside the chefs in the kitchen and lead the kitchen by example
The applicant must have:
- Suitable education
- Previous work experience and proven success in managing similar tasks, preferably in an international setting
- Proven success in managing a kitchen
- Knowledge of Lapland cuisine and foodstuffs will be considered an asset
- Ability to withstand stress and pressure the work days can be very long and busy in the winter
We offer a chance for a unique international life and work experience in the middle of Lapland’s wilderness. With us, you’ll be involved in developing our business as well as yourself.
Email an application with your CV including salary request to email@example.com.